Saturday, April 30, 2011

Workin' (Yay!)





A few weeks ago I started working full time on a "show" for the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) called My Own Time ... get it? I put the word "show" in quotes because it's only 4 minutes long and will appear as segments during the commercial breaks of another show, but it still takes about a 12 hour day to shoot two of them, so lots of hours per week.

I'm privileged to be working with Kristen Eykel again who is hosting the show and who I worked with for a couple of years in a similar set-up on Court TV called The Saturday Night Solution. So my job, if you can call it that, is to do her hair and make-up and keep her looking fab during a long shoot day, but considering she's gorgeous and modeled professionally for years, I can't say it's particularly challenging, and that's really ok with me (but getting up at 4:30 a.m. five days a week ... whoa boy!)

Anyway, because of my new gig I might not be posting as much here. We're scheduled to shoot until mid July. Here's the link to the promo video on the OWN page: http://www.oprah.com/home/My-OWN-Time-Wants-You